Your personal data is very important to Bianchet.
Whenever you provide your personal data to Bianchet, the company is responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data, at the local level, for the purposes of managing the commercial or contractual relationship relating to the Bianchet products and services, in accordance with the applicable local laws.
I. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
This Privacy Notice applies to any personal data we may collect from you or about you (see below), from the following sources:
• Visiting our website, responding to a form or using a service (subscription to our newsletter, request for contact, information or services, making appointments,, submission of job applications). You will be asked to identify yourself but you may also visit our Sites without registering;
• Electronic and telephone communications, as well as face-to-face exchanges, even informal, between Bianchet and yourself;
• Visits to Bianchet point of sale managed by Bianchet, as well as in events organised or sponsored by Bianchet;
• Purchase of an Bianchet product or request for an after-sales service;
• Electronic and telephone communications with Bianchet customer service centre;
• Printed or electronic registration forms that we collect in our points of sale, at during events;
• Online submission of job applications;
• Data that you share publicly in the course of your interaction with Bianchet on social networks (for example, when you “like” a Bianchet page on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Wechat, or Youtube).
We may collect different types of information from you depending on the purpose and the manner in which you interact with Bianchet (whether face-to-face, online, or by telephone), as indicated below:
• Identity and contact information: any information you provide us that would enable us to contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address or telephone number, as well as your image, such as you may have uploaded it to your personal account. We may also process the images taken as part of the surveillance systems in place in the points of sales managed by Bianchet.
• Personal status, preferences and purchase history: any information describing your demographic and behavioural characteristics. These include, for example, your date of birth, gender, nationality, language preference, employment status (job title, company/employer, professional contact details), marital status, interests (sports, leisure, art) or lifestyle, as well as other preferences, such as your favourite products, watches registered in your account and history of purchases and services you have requested.
• Data relating to the traffic and use of our website: when you interact with site, we may collect traffic data using automated data collection technologies, including a dialogue between the website server and your browser. Traffic data may include the browser name and the type of device you are using, as well as technical data about how you connect to our site, including your operating system, the IP address of your device connected to the Internet, the identifier of your Internet access point, the date and time of your last visit and the Internet service providers you use.
• Customer feedback: This is information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience using our products and services.
• Payment information: any of the information that we need to fulfil an order or that you use to make a purchase, and, if you so request, the data necessary to refund the VAT (the name of the cardholder, credit card number, expiry date, a copy of your identity card, etc.) and information or documents required by anti-money laundering laws and by embargo legislation, as part of “know your client” type verifications.
Privacy and protection of minors. Our website is not intended for users under 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we realise or are aware that we collected personal data from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information from our servers, unless we are required to retain it by law (accounting or purchase data, data necessary for applicable guarantees or the management of complaints, etc.). In any event, users under 18 who provide us with personal data have a discretionary right to the erasure of their data which they can exercise, at any time and without cause, alone or through their usual guardian, by contacting us using the website page page “Contact Us”. Requests for erasure will be processed under the conditions and subject to the reservations described above.
II. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases:
• We have obtained your prior consent (e.g. when you subscribe to our newsletter). Please note that with this particular legal basis, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time;
• This data processing is necessary in the context of a contract between Bianchet and you (for example when you make a purchase);
• We have a legitimate interest in carrying out the data processing and this legitimate interest is not overshadowed by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms (for example the prevention of fraudulent or illegal activity);
• We must process your personal data in order to comply with the laws and regulations in force. Depending on the context, we may use your personal data for the purposes described below. Please note that the types of use listed below depend on your use of our services and do not systematically affect each user:
• Processing of your orders, purchases (including any VAT refund requests) and deliveries;
• Answering your queries, questions and/or requests of any kind, including your requests for the exercise of rights;
• Improving customer service and managing our relationship with you, including managing VIP programmes, loyalty programmes and events. The data collected, which can be cross-checked from the various sources cited in Chapter I., helps us respond to your requests, meet your needs more effectively and improve our products and services according to your preferences and the history of your relationship with Bianchet;
• Sending you regular information, in particular about Bianchet news on our products and after-sales services, our events, the opening of new boutiques, points of sale or satisfaction surveys concerning our products and services, with your consent when required;
• Provide after-sales services, including in the context of the activation of guarantees;
• Manage and register lost, stolen or counterfeit products;
• Detect, prevent and fight against any fraudulent or illegal activity, including to act against counterfeiting and resale of our products in violation of the rules applicable to our distribution network;
• Manage our website and the services offered therein, as well as your accounts, including personalising and facilitating your user experience on our site by presenting you specific content that corresponds to your interests. We are also likely to cross-reference this data to better understand how users, as a group, use the services and/or resources available on our site;
• Complying with our billing and accounting obligations, as well as our legal and regulatory obligations (such as those arising from anti-money laundering laws and embargo legislation);
• Dealing with any claims or litigation (particularly in the context of the exercise of legal claims and defences in the event of litigation);
• Producing reports and statistics, particularly for the purpose of measuring traffic on the site;
• Managing the process of recruiting applications submitted on the site;
• Guaranteeing the safety of boutiques and points of sale managed by Bianchet;
• Guaranteeing IT security and IT operations.
III. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place organisational and technical measures to adequately protect your personal data, as well as our processing of it. The measures applied, in order to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data and thus prevent them from being altered, disclosed or destroyed, follow recognised information security standards. These security measures consist mainly of strict control of access, maintenance of the infrastructure at an adequate level of protection as well as constant supervision of the infrastructure.
Nevertheless, even if we strive to protect your personal data in our possession, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted on our site during its transit through the Internet by means of any unsecured protocol.
IV. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We commit not to sell, exchange, rent or transfer in any way your personal data without your consent and subject to the cases listed below:
Transfers to third-party service providers: In addition, we may share your personal data with third parties located abroad, for the following purposes:
• We may share your contact or appointment requests with the retailers or repair centres concerned;
• For the purposes described in Section II above, we may share with our commercial partners cross-references of demographic information by user groups (thus containing no direct identification of our visitors), for statistical purposes and for advertising Bianchet products and services.
In addition, service providers are only allowed access to your personal data and use it on our behalf in relation to the specific tasks assigned to them, based on our instructions.
Transfers to third parties for legal reasons: we may disclose personal data to meet legal requirements, respond to a request from a competent law enforcement agency, exercise our rights or defend ourselves in the context of a claim or legal proceeding or to provide evidence to protect the interests of Bianchet and to fight fraud.
V. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal data for the time necessary to satisfy the different purposes set out in Section II above, except in cases in which the law allows us or requires us to keep such data longer.
• The personal data used to manage our relationship with you or to send you information, especially about Bianchet news on our products or after-sales services, events or satisfaction surveys will be kept for the duration necessary for the management of our relationship with you.
• Data related to the management and history of your purchases and the services provided to you, as well as the management of complaints and calls upon guarantees will be retained for a maximum period of ten years from the last event.
• The personal data processed for the management of requests for access to or rectification of personal data will be kept for a maximum period of ten years.
These maximum periods apply unless you request the deletion or termination of the use of your data before the expiry of these periods for any ground compatible with a legal obligation of conservation that may be imposed on Bianchet.
VI. YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Access to personal data, modification, updates and deletion: if applicable law provides, you may (i) request access to your personal data held by Bianchet, consult such data and obtain a paper or electronic copy thereof, and (ii) request the correction, limitation, updating or deletion of your personal data or oppose the processing of such data. You may exercise such rights by sending a written request, along with a copy of an identity document, to Bianchet by post or by using “Contact Us” section below. We will endeavour to present you with the personal data concerned, to correct or delete it, according to your request and under the conditions provided for by applicable law.
We may also have to keep some of your personal data after a removal request, in order to meet our legal or contractual obligations. We may also be permitted by applicable law to retain some of your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
Opt-out: you may also ask to no longer receive information or offers from us at any time, either by following the unsubscribe process described in the messages you may receive from us, or by writing to us at the address indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. If you do so, we will promptly update our database and take all reasonable steps to respond to your request as quickly as possible, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary in connection with any product or service you have requested.
Data portability: given the extreme specificity of the fine watchmaking products designed and marketed by Bianchet, as well as the services associated therewith, Bianchet cannot, unless a written and specific individual request is addressed to us and justified by a legitimate reason, be subject to portability as defined by the GDPR.
Complaint to a supervisory authority: without prejudice to any other legal remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the European Union supervisory authority for the application of the rules of the GDPR or with the competent authority under the conditions provided for in the FAPD.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to check this page periodically for updates and to stay informed about the steps we take to protect the personal data we collect. You agree and acknowledge that it is your responsibility to regularly review our site to be aware of any changes made thereto.
VIII. CONTACT US
Last update: 11.05.2'023